Written by: Mike Gosser
- All sills should pitch away (stone or wood).
- Kerfs; small saw blade undercuts, that break water drips ( usually seen under sills), keeps water from weeping in.
- Land grades pitch water away from the house.
- Deep roots hold water, therefore, you won’t have so much run off and water getting into your basement.
- Exterior knobs are 2 3/4″ from edge of door ( Gives you hand clearance so your knuckles wont hit the door frame).
- Interior knobs are 2 3/8″.
- Do not use slotted bit in drill; nothing to hold it on the center. That is why Phillips was invented.
More to come later